Staff at Equicentric in Little Downham raise £1,600 for charity by holding summer party
- Credit: Archant
Owners and staff at a shop in Little Downham have raised £1,659 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance charity.
The ladies at Equicentric, which sells horse riding equipment, held a summer party and disco to raise the money.
Alison Leonard, who is one of the owners and helped organise the fundraiser with Jo Poole, said: “We held a disco made up of customers and their families which we have built up over 14 years of being here, as well as an auction and raffle with prizes donated by our suppliers. There was also a BBQ and comedy photo booth.
“Now our customers want us to hold a similar event every year. It was such a great night and we had a lot of fun.
“We decided to raise money for the air ambulance because it’s something that everybody needs – not just people who have horses or ride.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s critical to everybody and really is something that people need to support. You never know when you are going to need it.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools