Staff at Ely police station thrilled after receiving ‘wonderful’ bundle of ‘thank you’ letters from children at Highfields School
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ely police station were thrilled after receiving a “wonderful” bundle of ‘thank you’ letters.
The colourful, hand-written letters, which contain pictures of police cars and Lego police men, came after a visit to Highfields School.
Sgt Phil Priestley said: “I came in this morning and went through my letters, and I had these wonderful notes from the children at Highfields School.
“It’s easily the nicest thing that I have received through the post as a police officer.
“I usually get messages asking me to upgrade files or process formal documents!”
You may also want to watch:
“The letter shown is from Luke, which contains a drawing of Phil that shows a striking resemblance to the sergeant and made everyone smile,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade