Staff at Ely police station thrilled after receiving ‘wonderful’ bundle of ‘thank you’ letters from children at Highfields School
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ely police station were thrilled after receiving a “wonderful” bundle of ‘thank you’ letters.
The colourful, hand-written letters, which contain pictures of police cars and Lego police men, came after a visit to Highfields School.
Sgt Phil Priestley said: “I came in this morning and went through my letters, and I had these wonderful notes from the children at Highfields School.
“It’s easily the nicest thing that I have received through the post as a police officer.
“I usually get messages asking me to upgrade files or process formal documents!”
You may also want to watch:
“The letter shown is from Luke, which contains a drawing of Phil that shows a striking resemblance to the sergeant and made everyone smile,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry