Staff are friendly and approachable - Little Thetford Acorns is praised by Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
A pre school and children’s club has gone from needing improvement to being rated “good” with staff praised for being friendly and approachable.
Little Thetford Acorns was congratulated by Ofsted for having a “very positive and successful partnership with parents” and for the staff who communicated well.
Inspector Veronica Sharpe said: “Since the last inspection staff have developed a solid and consistent understanding of how children learn.
“They plan and provide a broad range of enjoyable activities that reflect children’s ideas and interests.
“Children are confident and able communicators.”
You may also want to watch:
The setting did not receive an outstanding rating as Ms Sharpe said that the changeover during the lunchtime period was “somewhat disorganised and becomes hectic” which meant children were not sure what was expected of them.
Staff did not always take into account the individual needs and abilities of children during larger group activities, she said, and at times, a few children who found listening more difficult lost interest, which meant their learning was not promoted as effectively as others.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
However, she said that staff provided good support for children who had special educational needs and they worked closely with parents and other agencies to get an in-depth understanding of each child’s needs to plan effectively for future learning.
“Children make good progress in their learning and are prepared well for school.”