St Peter’s Church
LAST Sunday, Canon Fiona Brampton was the celebrant, and Jacqui Talman was the assistant at the 8am service of Holy Communion. Canon Fiona also led the All Age Worship at 11.15am and Susan Warren was the deacon. Fiona Hinch read the lesson and Jackie Kir
LAST Sunday, Canon Fiona Brampton was the celebrant, and Jacqui Talman was the assistant at the 8am service of Holy Communion. Canon Fiona also led the All Age Worship at 11.15am and Susan Warren was the deacon.
Fiona Hinch read the lesson and Jackie Kirby read the Gospel passage. The children created their own Advent pictures with an angel for every day of advent, plus their choice of pictures that they chose to cut out and add on. Fiona guided them through the stages of their "creations" and gave the adults an appropriate short talk at each stage.
It was a lively and lovely service. Jackie Kirby and Rosemary, Lady Hughes, provided the accompanying music.
Next Sunday, there will be a celebration of Holy Communion at 9.15am.
You may also want to watch:
Last Saturday, the St Peter's event's committee held a Christmas market in the church, which was very well attended. There were stalls for Christmas shopping, plus tea and mince pies as well as mulled wine, hot dogs and roast chestnuts. Once again, a big thankyou to all supporters and the hard working committee.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4