St Peter’s Church
LAST Sunday, Canon Fiona Brampton officiated at the 9.15am communion service, assisted by Pam Goodhew, and the Deacon was Susan Warren. The lessons were read by Pam Goodhew and Barbara Yarrow. The Gospel passage was read by Sue Sizer. Rosemary Hughes led
LAST Sunday, Canon Fiona Brampton officiated at the 9.15am communion service, assisted by Pam Goodhew, and the Deacon was Susan Warren. The lessons were read by Pam Goodhew and Barbara Yarrow. The Gospel passage was read by Sue Sizer. Rosemary Hughes led the Intercessions. Our organist was Jackie Kirby.
We are fortunate to have two priests from Vellore staying in the diocese until February, Samuel Gembeeram and Sampath Sadanandham. Samuel was welcomed into St Peter's and will be with us for two months. Instead of a sermon, the congregation were able to talk to Samuel about his life and church in India.
Next Sunday, October 1, will be the celebration of harvest. All gifts of tinned food and other goods for the Cambridge Food Bank will be very welcome.
There will be a prayer book communion at 8am. At 11am, there will be All Age Worship followed by a bring-and-share harvest lunch in the Meeting Room at Bakery Close.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, September 29 at 7.30pm, the Cambridge Crofters will be performing in St Peter's Church. A concert not to be missed. Tickets can be obtained from The Pottery, Twenty Pence Road, or from Jackie Kirby on 01353 740449.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her