St Mary's School dishes up some culinary advice
FAMILY favourites including lasagne, shepherd s pie and chocolate brownies were on the menu when 14 mums with children at two Ely schools took part in a free cookery course. The six two-hour sessions were organised for parents with youngsters at St Mary s
FAMILY favourites including lasagne, shepherd's pie and chocolate brownies were on the menu when 14 mums with children at two Ely schools took part in a free cookery course.
The six two-hour sessions were organised for parents with youngsters at St Mary's Junior School and Spring Meadow Infant School and sponsored by the Food Standards Agency.
W.I. tutor, Rosemary Green, was the teacher for the course which focused on cooking nutritious family meals using fresh ingredients.
Students were also asked to consider the ingredients in processed food, shopping for value for money groceries and food labelling.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the course can be repeated in the autumn term.
Pictured with the students and their tasty creations is tutor, Rosemary Green (centre back).
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?