St Mary's School dishes up some culinary advice
FAMILY favourites including lasagne, shepherd s pie and chocolate brownies were on the menu when 14 mums with children at two Ely schools took part in a free cookery course. The six two-hour sessions were organised for parents with youngsters at St Mary s
FAMILY favourites including lasagne, shepherd's pie and chocolate brownies were on the menu when 14 mums with children at two Ely schools took part in a free cookery course.
The six two-hour sessions were organised for parents with youngsters at St Mary's Junior School and Spring Meadow Infant School and sponsored by the Food Standards Agency.
W.I. tutor, Rosemary Green, was the teacher for the course which focused on cooking nutritious family meals using fresh ingredients.
Students were also asked to consider the ingredients in processed food, shopping for value for money groceries and food labelling.
It is hoped the course can be repeated in the autumn term.
Pictured with the students and their tasty creations is tutor, Rosemary Green (centre back).
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 3 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 PROFILE: Steve Barclay – MP for NE Cambs and front man for Boris Johnson
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'