St Mary’s car park in Ely will be closed for one day
- Credit: Archant
St Mary’s Street car park in Ely will be closed for one day to allow for essential tree maintenance work.
Workers will be there on Tuesday March 15 and signs will be displayed in the car park a week in advance of its closure to serve as a reminder to those who use the facility.
It is hoped this will give people enough time to make alternative parking arrangements for that day should they need to.
The task will be carried out by the East Cambridgeshire District Council Open Spaces Team.
Spencer Clark, open spaces and facilities manager, said: “The tree at St Mary’s car park needs to be reduced in size, as it’s now touching the buildings either side.
“As the tree is right in the middle of the entrance and exit, vehicles wouldn’t have been able to access the carpark while work was going on, which is why we took the decision to close it.
“We also had to think about public safety. This is essential work which will benefit the users of this car park going forward.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
St Mary’s car park, a two hour short stay, will be re-opened on Wednesday March 16.