St Mary’s car park in Ely will be closed for one day
- Credit: Archant
St Mary’s Street car park in Ely will be closed for one day to allow for essential tree maintenance work.
Workers will be there on Tuesday March 15 and signs will be displayed in the car park a week in advance of its closure to serve as a reminder to those who use the facility.
It is hoped this will give people enough time to make alternative parking arrangements for that day should they need to.
The task will be carried out by the East Cambridgeshire District Council Open Spaces Team.
Spencer Clark, open spaces and facilities manager, said: “The tree at St Mary’s car park needs to be reduced in size, as it’s now touching the buildings either side.
You may also want to watch:
“As the tree is right in the middle of the entrance and exit, vehicles wouldn’t have been able to access the carpark while work was going on, which is why we took the decision to close it.
“We also had to think about public safety. This is essential work which will benefit the users of this car park going forward.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
St Mary’s car park, a two hour short stay, will be re-opened on Wednesday March 16.