St John’s Methodist Church
LAST weekend, St John s celebrated 118 years of the church. On Saturday, there was a coffee morning, and a gift day when the Rev Steward was in the vestry to receive gifts of money, which will go towards the upkeep of the church. The Rev Steward led the
LAST weekend, St John's celebrated 118 years of the church.
On Saturday, there was a coffee morning, and a gift day when the Rev Steward was in the vestry to receive gifts of money, which will go towards the upkeep of the church.
The Rev Steward led the Sunday Morning Worship, which included Holy Communion. Jean Murfitt read the lesson and Janice Weatherall was the organist. After the morning service there was a faith lunch.
The church stewards and Rev Steward led the evening service. Brenda Harrison read the lesson, and Janice Weatherall was the organist. The St John's Singers sang on both the morning and evening services.
You may also want to watch:
The Women's Fellowship met on Tuesday afternoon.
This Sunday St John's will be joining with Pymoor Methodist Church for their morning service when Sister Mavis will be leading the worship. This service starts at 10.30am. The evening service will be a united service with St George's Church and will be led by Duncan Palmer at 6.30pm.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
On Saturday, May 19, there will be a welcome return visit from the King's Lynn Male Voice Choir. Tickets are £5 (including refreshments) payable on the door. You are very welcome to come and join us at any of our services or events.