St John’s Methodist Church
THE Rev Roger Steward led last Sunday morning s service, which included the christening of Thomas George Rees Wibrow. The organist was Janice Weatherall. Richard Dean led the united service with St George s Parish Church and the preacher was John Marshal
THE Rev Roger Steward led last Sunday morning's service, which included the christening of Thomas George Rees Wibrow.
The organist was Janice Weatherall. Richard Dean led the united service with St George's Parish Church and the preacher was John Marshall. The pianist was Pat Hodson. There will be a prayer meeting in the vestry on Saturday at 9.30am.
Colin Nickless will lead the Mothering Sunday service at 10.45am and the Rev Christopher Baker will lead the evening service at 6.30pm.
Next Saturday night out will be on March 24 in the Scout Hut starting at 6.30pm. You are very welcome to come and join us at any of our services or events.
You may also want to watch:
St George's Church
ON Sunday, the vicar the Rev Rosemary Maskell presided at Holy Communion at 8am. The vicar also presided and preached at the 10am parish Eucharist. At 6.30pm, John Marshall preached at the combined evening service at St John's Methodist Church.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
This Sunday, Holy Communion will be at 8am and the vicar will officiate at the 10am family service and baptism, at which the sermon will be replaced by a Sunday Club presentation.
On Tuesday, the pram service is at 2pm and at 7.30pm it will be the stations of the cross to which all are invited.
Wednesday: Holy Communion is at 9.30am.
The hall of tables event on Saturday was successful and raised the sum of £340. The Magdalen College choir concert, also on Saturday, was well attended and extremely enjoyable and raised £450. Altogether a resounding day for St George's. Many thanks to all to contributed and attended.