St John’s Methodist Church
THE Rev Roger Steward led the harvest festival celebrations last Sunday. The church had been beautifully decorated for this event by the ladies of the church. During the morning service, a video from Christian Aid was shown to the congregation, explaining
THE Rev Roger Steward led the harvest festival celebrations last Sunday. The church had been beautifully decorated for this event by the ladies of the church. During the morning service, a video from Christian Aid was shown to the congregation, explaining how Fair Trade helps farmers.
Jean Murfitt read the lesson, and Peter Kirby and Janice Wetherall were the pianists. The St John's Singers also sang two songs during the service. The stewards of the church helped take the evening service. Janice Wetherall was the organist.
On Monday evening, the harvest supper took place when 70 friends enjoyed a sausage and mash supper, followed by desserts. This was organised by the catering committee and was followed by a sale of harvest produce.
On Tuesday, the Women's Fellowship met. This coming Saturday, there will be a welcome return visit from Fiona Simpson Band, starting at 7.30pm in the church.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Wetherall will lead the Sunday morning service at 10.45am and Terry Day will lead the evening service at 6.30pm. We extend a warm welcome to anyone who would like to join us at any of our services/events.
INFO: Tickets are £4 in advance and £5 on the night. They are available from Bev Scott. Refreshments will be served.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment