St John’s Methodist Church
THE alternative Christmas carol and Christingle service took place last Saturday evening, and was led by Duncan Palmer and New Life. This service was also a giving service for Winter Comfort in Cambridge. This was a most enjoyable evening with special gue
THE alternative Christmas carol and Christingle service took place last Saturday evening, and was led by Duncan Palmer and New Life. This service was also a giving service for Winter Comfort in Cambridge. This was a most enjoyable evening with special guest appearances from Gerald Geranium and his cousin Barry Begonia.
Last Sunday morning's service was led by the Rev Roger Steward and included renewal of wedding vows followed by Holy Communion.
Tony and Jean Murfitt read the lessons and there was a quiz of famous couples, some of which were in the Bible, and this was led by Simon Wynn and his daughter Constance and son Simon.
During the service, the St John's Singers sang and Janice Weatherall accompanied them on the piano and she was also the organist. The evening service was led by Ian Whetherall and this was a service of readings and carols.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday: Margaret Nickless will lead the morning service at 10.45am.
Christmas Eve: the morning service will be led by the Rev Roger Steward and will include the Sunday School's nativity presentation at 10.45am. The Rev Steward will also lead the midnight Communion that will start at 11.30pm.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Christmas Day: morning service starts at 10.30am. No evening service.