Youth cadets create and deliver thank-you posters to care home workers
- Credit: Archant
Ely youth cadets designed a poster and delivered them to care home workers across East Cambridgeshire to say thank-you for everything they’ve done during the coronavirus pandemic.
St John Ambulance Ely’s youth team (cadets and badgers) got together to make a poster to say thank you to local carers after one of its teenager members came up with the idea.
Seventeen-year-old Gao Qu wanted to thank the carers for all their hard work as she felt they were not getting enough praise.
Katrina Cattani, youth services manager at St John Ambulance Ely, said: “The posters were then hand-delivered to a number of them in the region.”
The young cadets visited these care homes: Soham Lodge and Fair Haven in Soham as well as Vera James, Lily House and The Orchards in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
They also visited The Firs in Little Downham, Laburnum Lodge in Littleport and The Gables in Chatteris.
Katrina’s youth team has also been helping out at Addenbrooke’s Hospital during the pandemic.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
St John Ambulance Ely is based at Centre E, Barton Road, CB7 4DE. For more informaion call 07943 072 172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate towards their work click here.