Youth cadets create and deliver thank-you posters to care home workers
- Credit: Archant
Ely youth cadets designed a poster and delivered them to care home workers across East Cambridgeshire to say thank-you for everything they’ve done during the coronavirus pandemic.
St John Ambulance Ely’s youth team (cadets and badgers) got together to make a poster to say thank you to local carers after one of its teenager members came up with the idea.
Seventeen-year-old Gao Qu wanted to thank the carers for all their hard work as she felt they were not getting enough praise.
Katrina Cattani, youth services manager at St John Ambulance Ely, said: “The posters were then hand-delivered to a number of them in the region.”
The young cadets visited these care homes: Soham Lodge and Fair Haven in Soham as well as Vera James, Lily House and The Orchards in Ely.
They also visited The Firs in Little Downham, Laburnum Lodge in Littleport and The Gables in Chatteris.
Katrina’s youth team has also been helping out at Addenbrooke’s Hospital during the pandemic.”
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
St John Ambulance Ely is based at Centre E, Barton Road, CB7 4DE. For more informaion call 07943 072 172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate towards their work click here.