A night of love songs raises money for St Andrew’s Church in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
Love was all around when a Valentine’s concert was held in St Andrew’s Hall in Witchford to raise funds.
The hall was packed for the event which featured Phil and Laurine and the Isle Singers who sang a number of romantic songs, many of which were dedicated by members of the audience.
Songs included ‘Always on my Mind’, ‘When I’m 64’. ‘Moon River’, ‘Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime’, ‘My Guy’, ‘Nearness of You’ ‘My Heart Will Go On’ (from Titanic), ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’, and ‘There, I’ve Said It Again’.
Heart themed refreshments were provided by Sue Crowe, helped by Sara Gilbert serving during the interval.
The evening raised £203 towards St Andrew’s Church extension fund for toilet and catering facilities in the building.
You may also want to watch:
Winner of the February £20 prize for the Friends of St Andrew’s Church 200 club draw was William Hammell.
• The next event will be a two-course dinner and coffee followed by a demonstration of the art of belly dancing on Monday March 4.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Tickets are £15 from Enid Bedford, Witchford Post Office or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01353 663918.