Spring has sprung at a city tearoom thanks to an art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A splash of colour is adorning the walls of the Almonry Restaurant thanks to the Spring exhibition of Ely artists.
The display and sale of paintings and cards is in the Market Square venue from Saturday April 4 to Sunday April 12.
The Ely Watercolour Workshop is now into its 21st year and holds two exhibitions a year to promote and sell examples of its members work.
Entry to the exhibition is free but there is always a nominated charity which visitors are invited to contribute to.
Thanks to the generosity of visitors to the previous display the group plans to donate £250 to Cancer Research UK and continues its fund raising work by making the proceeds for the latest exhibition go toward the Tree of Hope, a charity to support a project called Seb’s.
You may also want to watch:
The charity supports a youngster diagnosed with cerebal palsy, spastic dipelgia and requires extensive surgery and aftercare.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines