ART and Design students at the King s School in Ely are preparing for a Spring exhibition which starts on Friday. Photography has been introduced this year as one of the choices available to sixth form students and this exhibition will include some stunni
ART and Design students at the King's School in Ely are preparing for a Spring exhibition which starts on Friday.
Photography has been introduced this year as one of the choices available to sixth form students and this exhibition will include some stunning black and white photographic images of Ely Cathedral.
Also on display will be textile work and a broad range of drawing, painting, sculpture and print-making by students taking Fine Art. Textiles students learn a number of practical techniques which include printing, dyeing, appliqué, quilting, weaving and hand and machine embroidery. For the past three years, textile work by King's sixth formers has placed them in the top five in the country at A-level.
A private view of the exhibition will run from Friday, March 24 until Wednesday, March 29. Opening times are Monday to Wednesday 9am - 4:30pm and Saturday 9am - 12:45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured front from left are Rosie Campbell, Anna Day, Jess Dolby.
Photo: HELEN SOUTH 8701
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation