Spooky goings on at Ely florists this halloween
ELY florist Mark Smith will be getting into the ghoulish spirit this Halloween by turning up to work as Dracula for the day.
Mark, who has been working at Simply Flowers, in Market Street, for seven years will be serving customers and making his deliveries in full costume, complete with cape, make-up and fangs.
He will be taking donations from customers on the day, October 31, and has also set up a JustGiving page, with all money raised donated to the Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester.
Mark, who has four dogs of his own, said: “It’s a bit of fun and a really worthwhile cause so I’m looking forward to it.
“I believe in the good work that Wood Green Animal Shelters do, all animals deserve to be loved.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit Mark’s JustGiving page at www.justgiving.com/Mark-as-Dracula or visit the shop to make a donation.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 3 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like