Second annual Sponsored Storytelling fundraiser at Burrow’s Bookshop, Ely, raises money for two local groups
- Credit: Archant
Forty-seven stories were told during just one day at Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely to raise money for two local groups.
Susan Harrison, who organised the fundraiser, said: “Thanks to everyone who came to see us at the weekend. 47 stories in total and lots of fun had by all.
“If you didn’t get the chance to pop in but would like to make a donation Annabel and Lisa will still be collecting until Friday February 23.”
It was the bookshop’s second annual ‘Sponsored Storytelling’ and held to raise money for Rainbow Pre-school in Ely and the Viva! Arts and Community Group’s Mill Project.
Lisa Brown, a Rainbow Pre-school committee member, joined Annabel Reddick and Susan Harrison from Burrow’s for the mammoth storytime session.
You may also want to watch:
The Viva! Mill Project is an initiative run by the Viva Arts Group in Soham which aims to raise funds to turn a disused mill into a thriving arts and community centre.
Rainbow Pre-school is based in Ely and provides care and education for children aged two-and-a-half to four-years-old.
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 5 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 6 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 7 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller