Second annual Sponsored Storytelling fundraiser at Burrow’s Bookshop, Ely, raises money for two local groups
- Credit: Archant
Forty-seven stories were told during just one day at Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely to raise money for two local groups.
Susan Harrison, who organised the fundraiser, said: “Thanks to everyone who came to see us at the weekend. 47 stories in total and lots of fun had by all.
“If you didn’t get the chance to pop in but would like to make a donation Annabel and Lisa will still be collecting until Friday February 23.”
It was the bookshop’s second annual ‘Sponsored Storytelling’ and held to raise money for Rainbow Pre-school in Ely and the Viva! Arts and Community Group’s Mill Project.
Lisa Brown, a Rainbow Pre-school committee member, joined Annabel Reddick and Susan Harrison from Burrow’s for the mammoth storytime session.
The Viva! Mill Project is an initiative run by the Viva Arts Group in Soham which aims to raise funds to turn a disused mill into a thriving arts and community centre.
Rainbow Pre-school is based in Ely and provides care and education for children aged two-and-a-half to four-years-old.
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 5 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 10 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy