Second annual Sponsored Storytelling fundraiser at Burrow’s Bookshop, Ely, raises money for two local groups
- Credit: Archant
Forty-seven stories were told during just one day at Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely to raise money for two local groups.
Susan Harrison, who organised the fundraiser, said: “Thanks to everyone who came to see us at the weekend. 47 stories in total and lots of fun had by all.
“If you didn’t get the chance to pop in but would like to make a donation Annabel and Lisa will still be collecting until Friday February 23.”
It was the bookshop’s second annual ‘Sponsored Storytelling’ and held to raise money for Rainbow Pre-school in Ely and the Viva! Arts and Community Group’s Mill Project.
Lisa Brown, a Rainbow Pre-school committee member, joined Annabel Reddick and Susan Harrison from Burrow’s for the mammoth storytime session.
You may also want to watch:
The Viva! Mill Project is an initiative run by the Viva Arts Group in Soham which aims to raise funds to turn a disused mill into a thriving arts and community centre.
Rainbow Pre-school is based in Ely and provides care and education for children aged two-and-a-half to four-years-old.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend