Sponsor a child and help improve lives
- Credit: Archant
Anti-poverty charity, ActionAid, has launched an appeal for a new sponsor to step forward to make a five year old boy from Malawi the child of Ely this Christmas.
By reaching out to sponsor the child of Ely, residents can help provide a brighter future for a young person and their community in one of the world’s poorest countries.
Adam lives in Malawi where more than half of the population live on less than £1 a day. Communities depend on farming but failing crops have left many struggling to earn a living.
In Malawi, ActionAid helps by providing the basics of food, water and healthcare as well as agricultural support to farming families.
Through child sponsorship the charity has also helped build schools.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Moyo of ActionAid said: “For just £15 a month, child sponsorship through ActionAid can help bring about real, long-term change.
“You’ll get two letters a year from the child you sponsor, and updates from the country to tell you how the money you donate is changing lives.” For more information or to sponsor a child directly visit www.actionaid.org.uk/city
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 9 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall