Specsavers supervisor in Ely supports apprenticeship week after working her way up the career ladder
- Credit: Archant
A supervisor at Specsavers in Ely is urging youngsters to consider an apprenticeship after she kickstarted her career at the shop two years ago.
Jade Jozunas started her Specsavers Retail Apprenticeship in September 2018 and passed with flying colours in November 2019.
Jade worked at the store, earning an apprentice wage with four hours training time each week.
She also supported customers from pre-screening to choosing the best glasses and lenses to suit their needs, developing her customer service skills.
"My most memorable day during my apprenticeship was when I was promoted to supervisor without needing to apply for the position," Jade said.
"I hope one day to become a store manager and maybe even have my own Specsavers store."
Jade is encouraging more people to consider an apprenticeship as part of National Apprenticeship Week from February 3 to 7.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 7 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
Fares Hatoum, store director of Specsavers Ely Lisle Lane, added: "We offered Jade her place on the apprenticeship scheme at the store when she came in for the interview.
"She was ambitious and eager to do a great job."
For further information on career opportunities with Specsavers Apprenticeships, visit https://join.specsavers.com/uk/explore-careers/apprenticeships-and-future-talent-at-specsavers/apprenticeships-at-specsavers/