Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
- Credit: Contributed
The South African-born pianist Neil Hilgrove Colledge will give two performances this month – in Ely and Cambridge.
His recitals at Ely Cathedral and St Augustine’s Church, Cambridge, are offered in remembrance of his two most important & influential mentors, both of whom died last year.
They were Bert Gulick (1947-2021), an inspiring business leader from San Marcos, Texas and Piet
Jochen Etzel (1935-2021) the son of Germany’s first post-war finance minister and Vice-President of The Dresdner Bank.
Piet Etzel’s son Thomas Werner Etzel (1966-2021) was killed in a car accident, outliving his father by just six weeks. Thomas (Neil’s closest friend) was a world class authority on moving pictures.
He owned one of the most important movie collections in the country (over 5,000 films).
Music programs will include the allegretto in C minor and impromptus d899 by Franz Schubert.
- 1 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 2 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 5 ‘It went excellently’ - annual classic car show returns to city
- 6 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 7 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 8 Football club hosting 12-hour non-stop charity kickathon this weekend
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
The cathedral recital is on July 7 just after 1pm. Entry is by standard cathedral pass.
The Cambridge recital is on July 10 at 4pm. Free entry with retiring collection.