Spate of thefts in Ely prompt police appeal
MOTORCYCLE owners are being urged to be vigilant after two bikes were stolen within 24 hours in Ely.
A black Yamaha YRB 125 was stolen from a driveway in Lynn Road in the early hours of Wednesday morning (November 21).
A green Kawasaki 500 was taken from a driveway in High Barnes between 6.45am and 5.50pm the same day.
Both motorbikes had been locked.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “We would urge bike owners to take precautions such as investing in ground anchors to chain their motorcycle to, installing security lights or locking them away in a shed or garage if available.
You may also want to watch:
“Owners should also mark the main parts of the bike with the Vehicle Identification Number to make them less attractive to thieves.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 7 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 8 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall