Spate of thefts in Ely prompt police appeal
MOTORCYCLE owners are being urged to be vigilant after two bikes were stolen within 24 hours in Ely.
A black Yamaha YRB 125 was stolen from a driveway in Lynn Road in the early hours of Wednesday morning (November 21).
A green Kawasaki 500 was taken from a driveway in High Barnes between 6.45am and 5.50pm the same day.
Both motorbikes had been locked.
Community safety officer Sue Loaker said: “We would urge bike owners to take precautions such as investing in ground anchors to chain their motorcycle to, installing security lights or locking them away in a shed or garage if available.
You may also want to watch:
“Owners should also mark the main parts of the bike with the Vehicle Identification Number to make them less attractive to thieves.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound