Spate of burglaries in East Cambs sparks police warning
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being urged to look out for suspicious activity following several burglaries in East Cambridgeshire.
Five homes have been broken into since May 2, with offenders targeting jewellery, cash, electrical equipment and televisions.
A red Volvo S40, registration AO09 RXR, was also stolen in the latest burglary in Algar Drive, Newmarket, yesterday (Thursday).
The other burglaries happened in: Upware on May 2; Dyson’s Drove, Burwell, on May 4; Aspen Way, Soham, on May 5 and Centre Drive in Newmarket on May 9.
Detective Inspector Donna Wass said: “All of these burglaries occurred during the day so I would urge people to keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
You may also want to watch:
“It is likely that the offenders will carry out recces prior to targeting homes, so I would encourage residents to report anyone hanging around areas or knocking on doors without genuine reason.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Ely City coach excited to return ahead of charity cup farewell