Spate of burglaries in East Cambs sparks police warning
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being urged to look out for suspicious activity following several burglaries in East Cambridgeshire.
Five homes have been broken into since May 2, with offenders targeting jewellery, cash, electrical equipment and televisions.
A red Volvo S40, registration AO09 RXR, was also stolen in the latest burglary in Algar Drive, Newmarket, yesterday (Thursday).
The other burglaries happened in: Upware on May 2; Dyson’s Drove, Burwell, on May 4; Aspen Way, Soham, on May 5 and Centre Drive in Newmarket on May 9.
Detective Inspector Donna Wass said: “All of these burglaries occurred during the day so I would urge people to keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
“It is likely that the offenders will carry out recces prior to targeting homes, so I would encourage residents to report anyone hanging around areas or knocking on doors without genuine reason.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series