Spate of burglaries in East Cambs sparks police warning
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being urged to look out for suspicious activity following several burglaries in East Cambridgeshire.
Five homes have been broken into since May 2, with offenders targeting jewellery, cash, electrical equipment and televisions.
A red Volvo S40, registration AO09 RXR, was also stolen in the latest burglary in Algar Drive, Newmarket, yesterday (Thursday).
The other burglaries happened in: Upware on May 2; Dyson’s Drove, Burwell, on May 4; Aspen Way, Soham, on May 5 and Centre Drive in Newmarket on May 9.
Detective Inspector Donna Wass said: “All of these burglaries occurred during the day so I would urge people to keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
You may also want to watch:
“It is likely that the offenders will carry out recces prior to targeting homes, so I would encourage residents to report anyone hanging around areas or knocking on doors without genuine reason.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections