Spare time on your hands in the long Christmas break? Why not spend time writing a short story?
- Credit: Archant
The next Ely Writers’ Day short story competition is now open.
In order to enter, send an unpublished story of 500 words on any subject to email@example.com by midnight on Friday 26 February.
Winners will be announced at the next Writers’ Day - held on Saturday 19 March 2016 at Ely Library from 10am until 3pm.
There will be cash prizes, with first prize of £50, second prize £25, and third prize £10.
There will be three judges.
You may also want to watch:
Entrance to the competition and to the day is free, (although voluntary donations will be requested at the day’s event).
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning