Spanish lessons to be held at Ely Cathedral Conference Centre and they begin today
- Credit: Archant
Spanish lessons are coming to Ely – and the first course starts today.
The lessons will be at the Ely Cathedral Conference Centre and the courses are excellent for holidays, business or for learning a new hobby.
Adults who have no previous knowledge of the language are among those being welcomed to attend.
The format of the syllabus used does not follow a text book, but includes topics that previous students and the course organisers have found to be most useful.
Harriet Tuckett who with her extensive knowledge of Spanish and owner of the successful Spanish Academy said: “It has certainly proved to be an excellent method of teaching. It is our aim to teach students vocabulary and grammar, but very importantly, good pronunciation, which gives students confidence when visiting Spanish speaking countries.”
You may also want to watch:
She said that small group courses run for five weeks on Friday mornings, with one hour lesson per week and students are usually very happy with their progress.
She described it as “fun and rewarding, taught in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
There are also GCSE Revision Workshops for Year 10 and 11 students who are currently studying GCSE Spanish and require additional help in readiness for the summer exams.
Harriet said: “We work with the main exam boards AQA and Edexcel. Our workshops have proved to be very beneficial over the years with students receiving outstanding grades and assisting with confidence building.”
Businesses, companies, clubs and societies also are being catered for with small group classes of between 6 – 12 people, possibly joining from a company where they wish employees to learn Spanish.
“We offer a special rate on Friday mornings at 9am; please contact us for details,” said Harriet.
Ms Tuckett, BA (Hons) is a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and owner and Tutor of successful Spanish Academy, which has been established for nine years.
“The aim of the courses is to teach students vocabulary and grammar but very importantly good pronunciation, which gives students confidence when visiting Spanish speaking countries,” she said.
Contact Harriet for a syllabus and more information at www.spanacademy.co.uk email email@example.com or by calling 07522504729.