Spanish lessons to be held at Ely Cathedral Conference Centre and they begin today
- Credit: Archant
Spanish lessons are coming to Ely – and the first course starts today.
The lessons will be at the Ely Cathedral Conference Centre and the courses are excellent for holidays, business or for learning a new hobby.
Adults who have no previous knowledge of the language are among those being welcomed to attend.
The format of the syllabus used does not follow a text book, but includes topics that previous students and the course organisers have found to be most useful.
Harriet Tuckett who with her extensive knowledge of Spanish and owner of the successful Spanish Academy said: “It has certainly proved to be an excellent method of teaching. It is our aim to teach students vocabulary and grammar, but very importantly, good pronunciation, which gives students confidence when visiting Spanish speaking countries.”
You may also want to watch:
She said that small group courses run for five weeks on Friday mornings, with one hour lesson per week and students are usually very happy with their progress.
She described it as “fun and rewarding, taught in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.”
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
There are also GCSE Revision Workshops for Year 10 and 11 students who are currently studying GCSE Spanish and require additional help in readiness for the summer exams.
Harriet said: “We work with the main exam boards AQA and Edexcel. Our workshops have proved to be very beneficial over the years with students receiving outstanding grades and assisting with confidence building.”
Businesses, companies, clubs and societies also are being catered for with small group classes of between 6 – 12 people, possibly joining from a company where they wish employees to learn Spanish.
“We offer a special rate on Friday mornings at 9am; please contact us for details,” said Harriet.
Ms Tuckett, BA (Hons) is a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists and owner and Tutor of successful Spanish Academy, which has been established for nine years.
“The aim of the courses is to teach students vocabulary and grammar but very importantly good pronunciation, which gives students confidence when visiting Spanish speaking countries,” she said.
Contact Harriet for a syllabus and more information at www.spanacademy.co.uk email email@example.com or by calling 07522504729.