Souper win for a group that supports children and adults with additional needs in the Ely area
- Credit: Archant
The fourth Ely SOUP took place at The Maltings with the winner taking away the door takings of £325.
Square Peg, the winner, is a project-based business that supports children and adults with additional needs and their families and friends in East Cambridgeshire.
Esther Harris founder of Square Peg said “The money will go towards creating a comprehensive library of books, resources, toys and equipment for families to borrow.
“All of the library will be available to autistic children and adults, and everyone with additional needs, parents, friends, professionals who work with them and community members.”
Ely SOUP is a community crowd funding dinner supporting local groups in the city.
With more than 50 people attending, organisers said there was a wonderful community spirit in the room.
The audience listened to three pitches from local groups and enjoyed a bowl of tasty homemade soups, with ingredients donated by Waitrose.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Ely Bugs and Emily Paxton Photography shared their ideas with the audience but it was Square Peg which captured the audience, and was the voter’s choice on the evening.
They took home the door takings of £325.
Ely SOUP will be back in the autumn with their fifth SOUP, and are looking forward to receiving pitches.