Souper win for a group that supports children and adults with additional needs in the Ely area
- Credit: Archant
The fourth Ely SOUP took place at The Maltings with the winner taking away the door takings of £325.
Square Peg, the winner, is a project-based business that supports children and adults with additional needs and their families and friends in East Cambridgeshire.
Esther Harris founder of Square Peg said “The money will go towards creating a comprehensive library of books, resources, toys and equipment for families to borrow.
“All of the library will be available to autistic children and adults, and everyone with additional needs, parents, friends, professionals who work with them and community members.”
Ely SOUP is a community crowd funding dinner supporting local groups in the city.
You may also want to watch:
With more than 50 people attending, organisers said there was a wonderful community spirit in the room.
The audience listened to three pitches from local groups and enjoyed a bowl of tasty homemade soups, with ingredients donated by Waitrose.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Ely Bugs and Emily Paxton Photography shared their ideas with the audience but it was Square Peg which captured the audience, and was the voter’s choice on the evening.
They took home the door takings of £325.
Ely SOUP will be back in the autumn with their fifth SOUP, and are looking forward to receiving pitches.