‘Soup-er’ community fundraising project to return for second Ely date
- Credit: Archant
A new community funding project in Ely - where local people are invited to pitch their projects whilst enjoying soup – is to return for a second date.
Inspired by sessions in Detroit, Ely SOUP invites local people to pitch their projects in four-minute presentations to an audience, who then quiz them on what they’ve seen – all whilst tucking into a bowl of soup, bread and drinks.
The audience then vote on who they think should win, with the winner taking home all the money taken on the door at the session.
The last SOUP meeting was held in March, and it is to return for a second date on Saturday July 9 at Sylhet Restaurant in the city.
Zoe Davidson, from Ely SOUP said: “It’s open to people of any age and your idea could be anything from an artistic venture or a business idea or simply anything that helps the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re really looking forward to reading people’s ideas!”
Ely Milks came out on top in SOUP’s first meeting, scooping £180.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
July’s meeting begins at 12.15pm, and tickets are £5 per person, with Sylhet providing home-cooked vegetarian soup and its very own naan bread.
For more information, visit www.elysoup.com.