‘Soup-er’ community fundraising project to return for second Ely date
- Credit: Archant
A new community funding project in Ely - where local people are invited to pitch their projects whilst enjoying soup – is to return for a second date.
Inspired by sessions in Detroit, Ely SOUP invites local people to pitch their projects in four-minute presentations to an audience, who then quiz them on what they’ve seen – all whilst tucking into a bowl of soup, bread and drinks.
The audience then vote on who they think should win, with the winner taking home all the money taken on the door at the session.
The last SOUP meeting was held in March, and it is to return for a second date on Saturday July 9 at Sylhet Restaurant in the city.
Zoe Davidson, from Ely SOUP said: “It’s open to people of any age and your idea could be anything from an artistic venture or a business idea or simply anything that helps the local community.
“We’re really looking forward to reading people’s ideas!”
Ely Milks came out on top in SOUP’s first meeting, scooping £180.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
July’s meeting begins at 12.15pm, and tickets are £5 per person, with Sylhet providing home-cooked vegetarian soup and its very own naan bread.
For more information, visit www.elysoup.com.