Something to really shout about
ROBERT Needham, the winner of Ely s first Town Crier competition is pictured on a plastic bottle raft, which will form part of the Four Pint Challenge. Jack Waterfall wants to build a milk bottle bridge as part of a Guinness Book Of World Records attempt.
ROBERT Needham, the winner of Ely's first Town Crier competition is pictured on a plastic bottle raft, which will form part of the Four Pint Challenge.
Jack Waterfall wants to build a milk bottle bridge as part of a Guinness Book Of World Records attempt. Milk bottles are being collected at various locations in Ely, including the Ely Standard at 38 Market Street, for the challenge which will take place on June 23 at the city's Classic Regatta. Mr Waterfall needs 14,100 four-pint plastic milk bottles to make the bridge which will cross the River Ouse.
Mr Needham put together a cry for the challenge which he read out at the Town Crier Competition on Saturday in Jubilee Gardens.
Oyez Oyez Oyez
You may also want to watch:
Good people of Ely,
How would you like to be a record breaker ?
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Then be here on the 23rd June supporting your
4 Pint Bridge maker.
Rejected 4 Pint Milk cartons can be your donation,
Fourteen Thousand are needed to achieve this feat.
A bridge over the Ouse from the products of reclamation,
and with another six thousand you can make it complete.
So come along on with all the cartons you can afford
And help..... create a Guinness Book World Record
God save the Queen.