Sold! Two-acre woodland plot defies auctioneer’s estimates
- Credit: Archant
A two-acre plot of woodland near Wilburton has more than doubled its estimate at auction.
The woods, in Farthing Drove, Low Fen, were auctioned by Cambridge-based Cheffins and had been expected to fetch about £10,000
But, the day of the sale, the bidding sailed past the estimate, with the land eventually selling for £24,000.
The woods are surrounded by farmland and sit about a mile south of the village.
The auction listing noted: “The property comprises an area of unmanaged woodland with a variety of tree types including pine and birch.
You may also want to watch:
“The land forms one half of a greater area of woodland, the rest of which borders the southern part of the subject property.”
According to Cheffins, the Haddenham Level District Drainage Commission charge £41.80 annually to manage the draining of the land.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats