Soham Woman Vows To Carry On Fund-Raising After Suffering A Heart Attack
A WOMAN with a passion for dogs has vowed to carry on fund-raising despite suffering a terrifying heart attack. Fifty-three-year-old Karen Rogers, of Great Fen Road, Soham, has spent the last eight years raising money and collecting blankets for the Dogs
A WOMAN with a passion for dogs has vowed to carry on fund-raising despite suffering a terrifying heart attack.
Fifty-three-year-old Karen Rogers, of Great Fen Road, Soham, has spent the last eight years raising money and collecting blankets for the Dogs Trust.
However, her vital work was put on hold when she fell ill, shortly after this photograph was taken by the Ely Standard.
She said: "It came completely out of the blue. I was sitting at the computer when all of a sudden I had a sharp pain in my chest. I hadn't eaten so I knew it was anything like indigestion. Then I started hyperventilating. Luckily my husband and son were with me and they called for an ambulance."
You may also want to watch:
She explained that the paramedics didn't think it was a cardiac problem, but blood tests showed she had suffered a "silent" heart attack.
She said: "The doctor said it hadn't shown up on the ECG but my blood tests confirmed it was a heart attack. I'm on the mend now and I will carry on fund-raising irrespective of this. Nothing on this earth will stop me."
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
Mrs Rogers, who lives with husband Colin, 65, and son James, 30, adopted her first dog - a border collie spaniel cross called Sky - in 2001. Three years later, they adopted Mork, a Siberian husky German Shepherd cross.
She said: "They are adorable and so loving."
INFO: If you would like to help Karen raise funds for the Dogs Trust, call her on 01353 725765.
Pic cap: 3884HD0709. Karen Rogers has vowed to carry on fund-raising for the Dogs Trust.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE