Soham Woman To Trek Across Mongolia For Charity
A WOMAN from Soham is planning to follow in the footsteps of Genghis Khan as she embarks on a charity trek across Mongolia on horseback. Fundraiser Pat Woodman will be joining up with dozens of other riders from across the UK who will be trekking across t
A WOMAN from Soham is planning to follow in the footsteps of Genghis Khan as she embarks on a charity trek across Mongolia on horseback.
Fundraiser Pat Woodman will be joining up with dozens of other riders from across the UK who will be trekking across the winding valleys and plains of Mongolia's Khangai Mountains all in aid of equine charity, The Brooke.
63 year-old Pat has already undertaken challenges in India and Jordan in aid of the charity and is looking to push herself to the limit again when she heads out to central Asia in June.
"The Mongolia ride is a little bit daunting but I cant resist a challenge, particularly when it's for The Brooke," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Before she takes on her daunting Mongolian challenge however, 63 year old Pat has organised a sponsored ride this Easter Sunday and is encouraging riders from across the district to come and take part,
"I really hope lots of people from the local area will come along on Easter Sunday - I cant tell you the difference every penny makes to the lives of working horses and donkeys, and also their poor owners." she said.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series
Setting out from Kings Forest on the outskirts of Thetford Forest Park, the Easter ride, taking place on April 12, will follow a route of around 15 miles through tranquil countryside.
All money raised from the event will go towards helping The Brooke's relief work with working horses and donkeys in the developing world, providing medical help and education.
Riders set off between 10am and 1pm on April 12, anyone interested in taking part should call Pat on 01353 723448 or email email@example.com.