Soham Village College celebrate 60th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Soham Village College is celebrating the 60th anniversary of the opening of the school.
Students are being shown archive material relating to the school’s history and listening to the personal recollections of students from previous years.
The celebrations coincide with the launch of the Soham Village College Alumni Association.
Soham Village College has recently joined a programme run by the national education charity Future First which helps schools develop ‘old school tie’ networks.
The former students will return to volunteer at assemblies and workshops designed to motivate young people.
You may also want to watch:
Many ex-students have already signed up since the project was launched in September 2018. Contacts made so far include engineers, sport reporters, business owners, airline cabin crew, solicitors, scientists and apprentices, and are located all over the UK and the world.
The school look forward to welcoming new alumni members in 2019.
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 7 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 8 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 9 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
Former students can register at www.networks.futurefirst.org.uk/former-student/soham.