Soham Village College celebrate 60th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
Soham Village College is celebrating the 60th anniversary of the opening of the school.
Students are being shown archive material relating to the school’s history and listening to the personal recollections of students from previous years.
The celebrations coincide with the launch of the Soham Village College Alumni Association.
Soham Village College has recently joined a programme run by the national education charity Future First which helps schools develop ‘old school tie’ networks.
The former students will return to volunteer at assemblies and workshops designed to motivate young people.
You may also want to watch:
Many ex-students have already signed up since the project was launched in September 2018. Contacts made so far include engineers, sport reporters, business owners, airline cabin crew, solicitors, scientists and apprentices, and are located all over the UK and the world.
The school look forward to welcoming new alumni members in 2019.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 10 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
Former students can register at www.networks.futurefirst.org.uk/former-student/soham.