Soham Town Rangers pay tribute to former manager Adrian Davis who has died aged 66
- Credit: Archant
Former Soham Town Rangers manager Adrian Davis, has died aged 66.
Mr Davis, affectionately known as Adi, passed away after a long battle with illness on Saturday September 10.
He arrived at Julius Martin Lane at the beginning of the 1989/90 season following Soham’s relegation to the Eastern Counties Division One, helping the Greens win the Cambs Invitation Cup for the first time in their history in 1991 before leaving for the USA.
A minutes’ silence was held before Soham’s match with Romford last Saturday, and a statement on Soham Town Rangers’ website said: “The club would like to send their condolences to Adrian’s family and friends.”
Adrian’s funeral service is to be held at the West Suffolk Crematorium on Thursday October 6 at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The wake will follow at the Horringer Club, Horringer. Family flowers only, but donations for St Nicholas Hospice if desired may be sent c/o Meredith Greengrass Funeral Service, 2 Hospital Road, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 3JT/01284754017.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound