Soham theatre group Viva holding auditions for Evita, and you can get involved both on stage and behind the scenes
- Credit: Archant
After a glorious run at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and a performance at the ADC Theatre in Cambridge, a Soham-based theatre company is already looking ahead to its next production.
Viva will be performing Evita in March 2016, with open additions on Sunday October 4 (2-5pm) at the Performing Arts Theatre, Soham Village College.
As well as actors, Viva is looking for backstage support, set building, costumes and props.
No previous experience is needed and auditions are free to take part in. Anyone aged eight and above can get involved.
Hetti Wood, project coordinator, said; “Viva will be performing Evita in March 2016 and not only will you be involved in weekly rehearsals but all the activities that surround the show including: a residential weekend away, activities such as fundraising and showcasing plus workshops with our creative teams.
“Viva has been working in the community since 1997 to provide performing arts opportunities to those in our local area so make sure you do not miss your chance to audition for this great show.
“Come along to auditions and find out what we are all about!”
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
If you would like to ask any question about the production, call 01353 722 228 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Viva has lots planned for the New Year for our youth groups and the adult performing groups. To find out more, go to www.viva-group.org.uk.