Soham school children create ‘homes of the future’ artwork for building site
- Credit: Archant
Artwork created by children at a Soham primary school is being displayed on building site banners.
Children at The Shade drew their ‘home of the future’ for a competition run by developers Palace Green Homes. The winning artworks were chosen by representatives of Palace Green Homes and partner Community Land Trust, Thrift CLT.
The winners were awarded book tokens and the drawings are now displayed on printed banners at the building site next door to the school.
Construction on 13 new dwellings including four houses and nine apartments, on land on The Shade, on the corner of Kingfisher Drive, has been underway since September 2017.
The development will be known as ‘The Fledglings’ and provide affordable homes for local people.
You may also want to watch:
Katie McKay, assistant head of The Shade Primary School, said: “We took our reception class over in November to meet the site manager and learn about how houses are built, which they thoroughly enjoyed. “The children are so proud to see their artwork printed onto the banners in the playground; the subject matter has been a great talking point in class.”
Phil Rose, head of development at Palace Green Homes, said: “The children have shown such enthusiasm towards our competition.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“The artworks look fantastic and really brighten up the site boundary.
Construction on The Fledglings site is due to be completed this summer.
Visit http://projects.palacegreenhomes.co.uk/the-shade-soham for more information on the development.