Soham school children create ‘homes of the future’ artwork for building site
- Credit: Archant
Artwork created by children at a Soham primary school is being displayed on building site banners.
Children at The Shade drew their ‘home of the future’ for a competition run by developers Palace Green Homes. The winning artworks were chosen by representatives of Palace Green Homes and partner Community Land Trust, Thrift CLT.
The winners were awarded book tokens and the drawings are now displayed on printed banners at the building site next door to the school.
Construction on 13 new dwellings including four houses and nine apartments, on land on The Shade, on the corner of Kingfisher Drive, has been underway since September 2017.
The development will be known as ‘The Fledglings’ and provide affordable homes for local people.
Katie McKay, assistant head of The Shade Primary School, said: “We took our reception class over in November to meet the site manager and learn about how houses are built, which they thoroughly enjoyed. “The children are so proud to see their artwork printed onto the banners in the playground; the subject matter has been a great talking point in class.”
Phil Rose, head of development at Palace Green Homes, said: “The children have shown such enthusiasm towards our competition.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
“The artworks look fantastic and really brighten up the site boundary.
Construction on The Fledglings site is due to be completed this summer.
Visit http://projects.palacegreenhomes.co.uk/the-shade-soham for more information on the development.