Soham Staploe Rotary Club raise over two thousand pounds in annual fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
Over £2,000 was raised by the Soham Staploe Rotary Club as part of their annual fundraising efforts.
Up to 16 members helped earn the impressive amount outside Asda and Scampers in Soham, as well as at the Co-op store in Fordham across four days in December.
One of the receiving charities is Magpas, which club secretary Graham Smith said "we help in a very small way to provide some funds for them."
The club started fundraising for the charity seven years ago, with up to five collectors assisting on each of the four days.
"It is what we expect to raise, in fact, it is almost exactly the same as previous years," Mr Smith said.
You may also want to watch:
The club's next major fundraising outing is the Soham Beer and Music Festival in July, but Mr Smith warned "we need more manpower".
For more information on how to join, contact membership secretary Ian Sutherland on 01353 624353.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series