Men charged with attempted murder after shooting that left man with life-threatening injuries
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been charged with attempted murder and a third with assisting an offender after a man was shot and left with life-threatening injuries.
Craig Garrod, 26, of Hill Drove, and Wayne Bonus, 38, of Sand Street, will appear in court this morning (Monday September 7), having been charged with attempted murder following the incident in Eye Hill Drove at 1.40am on Saturday (September 5).
Kevin Thompson, 39, of Eastern Avenue, has been charged with assisting an offender and will also appear in court this morning.
All three men are due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court today.
A 69-year-old man from Soham has been released with no further action.
You may also want to watch:
The victim remains in hospital in a stable condition. He has sustained life threatening injuries.
A property in Eye Hill Drove was cordoned off while investigations took place.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 5 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 Grants available for organisations in Ely
Since the incident police have thanked the community “for their patience and also their support throughout our enquiries”.
They said a number of residents have been “supporting officers by providing them with regular cups of tea and coffee and other refreshments.
“As much as these are small acts of kindness, it has gone a long way and been greatly appreciated by our officers. Thank you very much to the community of Soham.”