Soham shooting ace Taylor has Rio in his sights
SOHAM sharp-shooter Taylor Hedgecock has set his sights on Olympic glory at Rio 2016 after winning his latest set of clay shooting world titles.
The 14-year-old won both the under 16 world sporting title and world sport trap title to add a whole ream of British and international titles the talented youngster has picked up this year.
Inspired by the exploits of British shooters at the London 2012 games, Taylor has now set his sights on a spot in Team GB in four years time, where he hopes to compete in the double trap discipline.
The Soham Village College pupil was introduced to the sport by his grandfather when he was nine and confesses that he “hasn’t put a gun down since”.
“It takes a lot of concentration and training but I really enjoy it,” said Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster trains with renowned coach Philip Thorrold in Diss, Norfolk, and will be looking to force his way into the national team over the coming years as his standard of competition steps up a gear.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats