World Book Day 2020: Soham schoolchildren transform into their favourite characters for annual event
- Credit: Archant
Children in Soham dressed up as their favourite characters in aid of World Book Day.
Staff and 270 pupils from The Shade Primary School joined in the fun for the annual event on Thursday, March 5, where they took part in a range of activities and socialised with other classes.
Those who took part also donned their best outfits to dress up as their favourite book characters during the event.
Tia Amery, from The Shade Primary School, said: "They dressed up as their favourite book characters and they were swapping round classes doing different literacy activities all day.
"We do it every year, it's a bit of fun. Mike spoke to children and asked what they had been up to. It was nice."
You may also want to watch:
World Book Day, which has been running for 23 years, aims to encourage children of all ages to come together by providing them with opportunities to explore the pleasures of reading through having a book of their own.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip