Soham’s Viva Youth Theatre Group
Soham s Viva Youth Theatre Group held its annual awards night on Sunday, after a busy weekend. On Friday, the members staged a cabaret at the Ross Peers Sports Hall to raise money for a return trip to the Edinburgh Festival. Awards were presented to vari
Soham's Viva Youth Theatre Group held its annual awards night on Sunday, after a busy weekend.
On Friday, the members staged a cabaret at the Ross Peers Sports Hall to raise money for a return trip to the Edinburgh Festival.
Awards were presented to various members of the organisation and a special thank you was given to director Dan Schunmann. Long-standing president of the organisation, actor Sheila Staefel, stood down from the post and became vice-president, while two other actors, Liza Goddard and Michael Fenton-Stevens took up the presidency.
During the course of the evening, the group gave tasters of the two productions coming up in July.
You may also want to watch:
The older members staged two items from Back to the 80s, while some of the younger people previewed their stage version of Disney's Aladdin.
INFO: Tickets for both productions are available from the Viva Centre, Churchgate Street (01353 722228). Back to the Future will be staged at Lodeside on Thursday, July 20 and Friday, July 21, and at Ely
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
Community College on Saturday, July 22. Tickets for this Edinburgh-bound show are free.
Aladdin will be staged at Beechurst from Thursday, July 13 until Saturday, July 15. Tickets are £5 and £4.
Pictured, the Viva Youth Theatre Group award winners, with actors Liza Goddard and Michael Fenton-Stevens and Jim Paice MP.
Photo: MIKE ROUSE