Soham’s Lauren to take the plunge for charity
- Credit: Archant
A CARER from Soham will jump from 160 feet strapped to her dad to raise money for research into motor neurone disease.
Sanctuary Home Care employee Lauren Payne, 20, will be taking part in a father-daughter bungee jump at Grafham Water to raise funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and Arthur Rank Hospice, a specialist palliative care facility.
Among the clients Lauren has supported through the Millbrook House home care branch in Lode Close, several have gone on to use Arthur Rank Hospice for its end of life care while a small few have been diagnosed with motor neurone disease.
She said: “Motor neurone disease is a condition that still isn’t completely understood by the medical community.
“Anything I can do to help the Motor Neurone Disease Association learn more about it will hopefully help others, but I also wanted to support Arthur Rank Hospice, which has provided end of life care for former clients of ours and others.”
You may also want to watch:
Lauren will be making the jump with father John on June 15, but donations have already opened for the event.
Registered home care manager Debbie Bull said: “We’re all very impressed with Lauren’s bravery in taking on the jump, and we wish her the best in her efforts to raise the profile of motor neurone disease and Arthur Rank Hospice.”
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
Sanctuary Home Care, based at Millbrook House offers home care services to people in the community, specifically tailored to meet customer’s individual needs and help them live as independently as possible.
To sponsor Lauren, call Sanctuary Home Care on 01905 334882 or visit www.justgiving.co.uk/Lauren-Payne1 for Arthur Rank Hospice sponsorship or www.justgiving.co.uk/Lauren-Payne2 for the Motor Neurone Disease Association.