Soham’s Jamie set on conquering triple challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
Running the London Marathon was not quite challenging enough for Soham’s Jamie Hills, so he decided to take on a half-marathon and triathlon too!
Jamie, 43, has already completed the Cambridge half-marathon and now has the full 26-mile London Marathon in his sights.
But, keen to make his fund-raising efforts a real challenge, Jamie is also preparing to take on the London Triathlon in August, where he will complete a gruelling swim, bike and run.
Jamie, of St Andrew’s Park, is raising funds for Children with Cancer and is hoping to hit the £5,000 mark by the time the triathlon comes around.
Children with Cancer is a cause close to Jamie’s heart, his godson Alex Lister, 11, of Wicken, was diagnosed with a brain tumour five years ago and has been receiving support from the charity.
Jamie hopes his efforts will go some way to giving something back.
He said: “Last year we did the Paris and London Marathons so we had to come up with something that was going to top that this year.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
“Believe it or not I’m not really a running fanatic. All the marathons I have done have been about fundraising and Children with Cancer does some very important work.”
Jamie will be going on his run by friend Jeremy Hill.
To donate to Jamie’s fund, visit the webpage www.justgiving.com/jjlondon2014