Soham’s Jamie set on conquering triple challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
Running the London Marathon was not quite challenging enough for Soham’s Jamie Hills, so he decided to take on a half-marathon and triathlon too!
Jamie, 43, has already completed the Cambridge half-marathon and now has the full 26-mile London Marathon in his sights.
But, keen to make his fund-raising efforts a real challenge, Jamie is also preparing to take on the London Triathlon in August, where he will complete a gruelling swim, bike and run.
Jamie, of St Andrew’s Park, is raising funds for Children with Cancer and is hoping to hit the £5,000 mark by the time the triathlon comes around.
Children with Cancer is a cause close to Jamie’s heart, his godson Alex Lister, 11, of Wicken, was diagnosed with a brain tumour five years ago and has been receiving support from the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie hopes his efforts will go some way to giving something back.
He said: “Last year we did the Paris and London Marathons so we had to come up with something that was going to top that this year.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
“Believe it or not I’m not really a running fanatic. All the marathons I have done have been about fundraising and Children with Cancer does some very important work.”
Jamie will be going on his run by friend Jeremy Hill.
To donate to Jamie’s fund, visit the webpage www.justgiving.com/jjlondon2014