Soham residents not amused as lorry driver gets stuck in the mud
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS of The Shade, Soham, were left bemused this week after a lorry driver beached his vehicle on sodden grass, partly blocking the road.
The driver, working for haulage firm DA Cooper & Sons based in Rotherham, was advised by residents on Monday not to use the area in and around Kingfisher Drive to turn around his articulated lorry.
The driver discounted their advice and tried to turn around using a nearby field, resulting in the vehicle getting stuck with the trailer blocking half of the road.
He remained there for more than a hour while recovery crews arrived to haul him back onto the road.
A resident of Kingfisher Drive said: “There were lots of residents out watching the driver trying to turn on the grass and they weren’t best pleased with the damage he caused.
You may also want to watch:
“He was told by several people that he wouldn’t be able to turn on the estate but he obviously tried anyway.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review