'Amazing return' as pumpkin fair attracts massive crowd
- Credit: Eddie Ridgeon
Soham Pumpkin Fair organisers described the 2021 event as an "amazing return" after last year's edition had to be cancelled because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
With 'wild and beautiful’ the theme for this year, hundreds of children and adults got involved with all the fun of the fair at the weekend.
Michelle Harrison, who is one of the organisers, said: "On behalf of the Soham Pumpkin Fair committee, we would like to thank everybody that helped us.
"Whether you ran a stall or pitch, judged competitions, performed, litter picked during the day or helped with any other jobs.
"We wouldn't have been able to run the pumpkin fair without your support.
You may also want to watch:
"We would also like to thank what felt like the whole of Soham for coming out to the pumpkin fair and enjoying the day.
"We truly had an amazing pumpkin fair this year."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Representatives from local charities including Cambs Wildlife Care and Soham Hedgehog Guardians were at the fair as well as SlackMc Girdle Morris, Vogue Athletics, Fens Falconry and Neliie the community tuk tuk.
Money raised from this year's fair will go towards Soham Men's Shed, Cambridgeshire Wildlife Care, and Soham Community Uniform Scheme.