Soham pub announces growth plans
- Credit: Archant
Popular Soham pub The Cherry Tree has unveiled plans to expand its restaurant area.
Brewer Greene King has submitted an application to East Cambridgeshire District Council to extend the Fordham Road pub’s dining area by more than 50square metres, adding a single storey extension to the building.
Architects acting for Greene King, BGW Design, told the council: “The applicant intends to provide a suitably sized and designed extension to be in-keeping with the existing building as well as offering improved dining facilities for customers.
“The main entrances will remain and we propose to create a new entrance and exit to the rear of the building which will lead onto a new patio area with timber pergola.”
The pub currently employs 10 full-time and five part-time staff but the extension will not create any additional jobs.
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face