Soham playgroup receives glowing report from inspectors
A NEW playgroup in Soham has received a glowing report from Ofsted inspectors.
Little Wombatz Pre-school has been operating for less than a year but has already been classed as good but inspectors, who said they were impressed with the learning activities, safety and warm atmosphere.
In its report, Ofsted said: “Children make good progress in their learning and development and acquire the skills they need to support their future learning.
“This is due to the practitioners’ skilful planning of a balanced range of activities and experiences that effectively cover the areas of learning. Children play in a calm and purposeful atmosphere, which enables them to concentrate well.
The playgroup, based at the new Scout and Guide Hall on the Recreation Ground, caters for 24 children aged between two and five and has been open less than year.
You may also want to watch:
The report continued: “Although the setting has only been operating a short time, children clearly feel at ease in their new surroundings. They move around the room confidently and are keen to select the resources and activities on offer.
“Children show warm and friendly relationships with practitioners and engage with them confidently.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
Inspectors said that in order to progress from good to outstanding, staff should increase the number of displays, signs and environments to improve the learning environment and promote critical thinking among the children.