Soham playgroup receives glowing report from inspectors
A NEW playgroup in Soham has received a glowing report from Ofsted inspectors.
Little Wombatz Pre-school has been operating for less than a year but has already been classed as good but inspectors, who said they were impressed with the learning activities, safety and warm atmosphere.
In its report, Ofsted said: “Children make good progress in their learning and development and acquire the skills they need to support their future learning.
“This is due to the practitioners’ skilful planning of a balanced range of activities and experiences that effectively cover the areas of learning. Children play in a calm and purposeful atmosphere, which enables them to concentrate well.
The playgroup, based at the new Scout and Guide Hall on the Recreation Ground, caters for 24 children aged between two and five and has been open less than year.
You may also want to watch:
The report continued: “Although the setting has only been operating a short time, children clearly feel at ease in their new surroundings. They move around the room confidently and are keen to select the resources and activities on offer.
“Children show warm and friendly relationships with practitioners and engage with them confidently.”
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
Inspectors said that in order to progress from good to outstanding, staff should increase the number of displays, signs and environments to improve the learning environment and promote critical thinking among the children.