Soham petrol station set to become one of UK’s first to include Co-op store
- Credit: Archant
A petrol station in Soham is to become one of the country’s first to include a Co-op store.
The station on Fordham Road is part of a pilot organised between the Co-op and service station firm MRH to bring the stores to seven petrol stations across the country.
The new store is set to open on Thursday (July 20) but is offering members of the local community a sneak peak on Wednesday (19) between 6pm and 8pm.
Martin Rogers, Co-op’s head of franchise operations, said: “The pilot is an exciting opportunity for the Co-op to further expand its presence in the convenience sector.
“This will enable us to test the franchise model and potentially pave the way for further expansion to move the Co-op brand and our own-brand food into new communities.”
You may also want to watch:
The Windmills Playgroup in Soham and the Stretham Youth Centre Motiv8 Project are also set to benefit as they will receive one per cent of money made from the purchase of own-branded products by Co-op members.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit