Soham Mums Take Part in Buggy Walk To Raise Money For Haiti
MORE than 20 mothers and babies in buggies from Soham, Isleham, Ely and Fordham took part in a sponsored walk to raise money for the Haiti earthquake victims. from Soham Children s Centre to Fordham and back on Saturday 20th February. Moved by images of u
MORE than 20 mothers and babies in buggies from Soham, Isleham, Ely and Fordham took part in a sponsored walk to raise money for the Haiti earthquake victims. from Soham Children's Centre to Fordham and back on Saturday 20th February.
Moved by images of utter devastation in Haiti, a group of mums decided to raise money for the DEC Appeal by taking part in the walk from Soham to Fordham on Saturday.
"Mums from different groups in the area all agreed to do the walk and it was a fantastic sight to see the long line of people walking down the road," said Sharon Wright, organiser of the event and Mum to nine- month old James.
The group set off in glorious sunshine, buoyed by the fact that sponsorship pledges had already reached �1500 before the walk had even started.
You may also want to watch:
"We were amazed that so many people sponsored us even before we had begun the walk. It's so heart-warming to see people being so generous and helping others who are far worse off than we are."
INFO: Anyone still wishing to sponsor the Mums and babies can do so via the Soham to Fordham Buggy Walk justgiving website
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
Pic cap: Some of the mums who took part in the walk for Haiti.