Soham Mums Take Part in Buggy Walk To Raise Money For Haiti
MORE than 20 mothers and babies in buggies from Soham, Isleham, Ely and Fordham took part in a sponsored walk to raise money for the Haiti earthquake victims. from Soham Children s Centre to Fordham and back on Saturday 20th February. Moved by images of u
MORE than 20 mothers and babies in buggies from Soham, Isleham, Ely and Fordham took part in a sponsored walk to raise money for the Haiti earthquake victims. from Soham Children's Centre to Fordham and back on Saturday 20th February.
Moved by images of utter devastation in Haiti, a group of mums decided to raise money for the DEC Appeal by taking part in the walk from Soham to Fordham on Saturday.
"Mums from different groups in the area all agreed to do the walk and it was a fantastic sight to see the long line of people walking down the road," said Sharon Wright, organiser of the event and Mum to nine- month old James.
The group set off in glorious sunshine, buoyed by the fact that sponsorship pledges had already reached �1500 before the walk had even started.
You may also want to watch:
"We were amazed that so many people sponsored us even before we had begun the walk. It's so heart-warming to see people being so generous and helping others who are far worse off than we are."
INFO: Anyone still wishing to sponsor the Mums and babies can do so via the Soham to Fordham Buggy Walk justgiving website
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Pic cap: Some of the mums who took part in the walk for Haiti.