SOHAM: Mums Are Moonwalking For Charity
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes. The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London s Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes.
The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London's Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with thousands of other fundraisers just before midnight to set off on the 26.2 mile course.
Vicki Desborough, who will be leading the team, said: "I saw a similar run on the television and I decided I fancied having a go, so I emailed some of my friends and we all decided we would like to do it.
"We are all really keen to get going now and we are heading towards the final stages of our training, so it should be good."
You may also want to watch:
The team have managed to raise more than �1300 so far but are hoping for more donations and have set up a fundraising webpage from which people can still contribute, www.justgiving.com/crazymuthas.
Soham mums, Jules Carter, Vicki Desborough, Theresa Horton, Natasha Kirby-Cook and Olivia Ellis. 1416HD0409.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 9 Town considers home for market
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.