SOHAM: Mums Are Moonwalking For Charity
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes. The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London s Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes.
The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London's Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with thousands of other fundraisers just before midnight to set off on the 26.2 mile course.
Vicki Desborough, who will be leading the team, said: "I saw a similar run on the television and I decided I fancied having a go, so I emailed some of my friends and we all decided we would like to do it.
"We are all really keen to get going now and we are heading towards the final stages of our training, so it should be good."
The team have managed to raise more than �1300 so far but are hoping for more donations and have set up a fundraising webpage from which people can still contribute, www.justgiving.com/crazymuthas.
Soham mums, Jules Carter, Vicki Desborough, Theresa Horton, Natasha Kirby-Cook and Olivia Ellis. 1416HD0409.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 7 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Gary takes Dry January to next level with mental health challenge
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.