SOHAM: Mums Are Moonwalking For Charity
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes. The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London s Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes.
The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London's Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with thousands of other fundraisers just before midnight to set off on the 26.2 mile course.
Vicki Desborough, who will be leading the team, said: "I saw a similar run on the television and I decided I fancied having a go, so I emailed some of my friends and we all decided we would like to do it.
"We are all really keen to get going now and we are heading towards the final stages of our training, so it should be good."
You may also want to watch:
The team have managed to raise more than �1300 so far but are hoping for more donations and have set up a fundraising webpage from which people can still contribute, www.justgiving.com/crazymuthas.
Soham mums, Jules Carter, Vicki Desborough, Theresa Horton, Natasha Kirby-Cook and Olivia Ellis. 1416HD0409.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.