SOHAM: Mums Are Moonwalking For Charity
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes. The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London s Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with
A TEAM of five mums from Soham are preparing to take part in a moonlit marathon to raise money for breast cancer causes.
The mums, who have been hard at work training for the event since January, will travel to London's Hyde Park on May 16 to join up with thousands of other fundraisers just before midnight to set off on the 26.2 mile course.
Vicki Desborough, who will be leading the team, said: "I saw a similar run on the television and I decided I fancied having a go, so I emailed some of my friends and we all decided we would like to do it.
"We are all really keen to get going now and we are heading towards the final stages of our training, so it should be good."
You may also want to watch:
The team have managed to raise more than �1300 so far but are hoping for more donations and have set up a fundraising webpage from which people can still contribute, www.justgiving.com/crazymuthas.
Soham mums, Jules Carter, Vicki Desborough, Theresa Horton, Natasha Kirby-Cook and Olivia Ellis. 1416HD0409.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.