Soham medical partnership to take charge of Ely’s Cathedral Medical Centre
- Credit: Archant
THE Cathedral Medical Centre in Ely is set to be taken over by a medical partnership based in Soham.
Run out of the Princess of Wales Hospital, in Lynn Road, the cathedral centre is currently managed by Practice PLC but their contract will come to an end on April 27 after NHS England awarded a new five-year contract to Staploe Medical Centre.
Peter Wightman, of NHS England, said: “All services and clinics operating from the Cathedral Medical Centre will continue as normal.
“All patients already registered will continue to receive their care at the Cathedral Medical Centre and there is no need to re-book any existing appointments. Repeat prescriptions can be ordered as usual and all contact details for the practice remain the same.”
Practice PLC, will cease to provide a service from Cathedral Medical Centre from midnight on April 27, but has been asked to work together with the Staploe Medical Centre to ensure a smooth handover of responsibilities.
NHS England says that some of the existing staff will remain but Staploe will begin bringing in a number of new staff over the coming months.
Mr Wightman added: “The Staploe Medical Centre will take on the contract for five years ensuring a period of stability for the service for patients and will be contacting all patients with regards to their new role.”
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 4 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 8 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 9 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Patients of the Cathedral Medical Centre can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) if they wish to speak to someone about this change on 01223 725588, freephone: 0800 2792535 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org