Soham medical partnership to take charge of Ely’s Cathedral Medical Centre
- Credit: Archant
THE Cathedral Medical Centre in Ely is set to be taken over by a medical partnership based in Soham.
Run out of the Princess of Wales Hospital, in Lynn Road, the cathedral centre is currently managed by Practice PLC but their contract will come to an end on April 27 after NHS England awarded a new five-year contract to Staploe Medical Centre.
Peter Wightman, of NHS England, said: “All services and clinics operating from the Cathedral Medical Centre will continue as normal.
“All patients already registered will continue to receive their care at the Cathedral Medical Centre and there is no need to re-book any existing appointments. Repeat prescriptions can be ordered as usual and all contact details for the practice remain the same.”
Practice PLC, will cease to provide a service from Cathedral Medical Centre from midnight on April 27, but has been asked to work together with the Staploe Medical Centre to ensure a smooth handover of responsibilities.
You may also want to watch:
NHS England says that some of the existing staff will remain but Staploe will begin bringing in a number of new staff over the coming months.
Mr Wightman added: “The Staploe Medical Centre will take on the contract for five years ensuring a period of stability for the service for patients and will be contacting all patients with regards to their new role.”
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
Patients of the Cathedral Medical Centre can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) if they wish to speak to someone about this change on 01223 725588, freephone: 0800 2792535 or via e-mail at email@example.com