Soham Man Who Was ""Practised Liar"" is Sentenced To Six Years in Jail For Rape
A SOHAM man described by police as a practised liar has been sentenced to six years in jail for rape, sexual assault and assaultJason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was handed the sentence last week at Cambridge Crown Court.The offences were
A SOHAM man described by police as a 'practised liar' has been sentenced to six years in jail for rape, sexual assault and assault
Jason Edwards, 37, of Rosebay Gardens, Soham, was handed the sentence last week at Cambridge Crown Court.
The offences were carried out in Ely in April of last year against a woman who was known to Edwards. When he is eventually released from jail Edwards will remain on the sex offenders register for life.
DC Kathy Gordon, who led the case, said: "I am pleased with the sentence given to Edwards and the decision to place him on the sex offenders register for the rest of his life.
You may also want to watch:
"Edwards was a practised liar and admitted to lying to police during his interview.
"My thoughts now go out to the victim and I hope that in time she is able to move on from this horrendous attack.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph